- We would like Aid to the Church in Need to take part in the regular prayer life of Parishes. If you can suggest a contact for your parish Prayer Group/Rosary Group, we will write with prayer suggestions and prayer priorities that will give spiritual support to the Church in need.
- If you would like to pray for the suffering Church in your family, in school or in other groups, we are happy to provide prayer cards and information about the Church around the world.
- A gift made in memory of a loved one will support a poor priest who has little to live on. Loved ones are remembered in our In Memoriam Book which rests in our chapel, and in prayer at our daily Angelus and at our annual Mass for Deceased Benefactors.
- For regular news and updates from the Church in Need, please visit www.acnuk.org and sign up for our e-newsletter which will be launched later this year.
- Please ask your parish priest to arrange for an Aid to the Church in Need Speaker to visit your church.
- With the permission of your Parish Priest, consider becoming our ACN representative in YOUR parish and help us distribute our Project Country Reports, our Christmas and other Catalogues and selected literature and promotional materials.
- Help us by encouraging people to sign up to our mailing list. The more people who receive our literature, the better known the plight of the suffering Church will be.
- Why not think about supporting us regularly with a standing order (don't forget to Gift Aid it!)
- Organise a sponsored event through your parish, school, workplace, or local community - a sponsored swim, walk, silence .... you decide!
- Organise a fundraising event …. Cake sale, Bring and Buy, Five a Side football? Talk it over with friends and family and decide what sort of event suits the time and resources you have. Most of all - make it FUN.
- Challenge Events: Find out about 2009 events you can take part in on behalf of Aid to the Church in Need.
PS If you have a place for the Marathon in 2009, why not raise money on behalf of Aid to the Church in Need?
- Find out about our 'Adoption Projects' - projects throughout the world that need parish support. Previous projects have included the construction of chapels and churches, support for seminarians, providing priests and sisters with appropriate transport and our Save the Saveable education project in Sudan.
- Would your parish like to send a Christmas Card as an act of solidarity with parishes under pressure throughout the world? This year we are linking in with the Dioceses of Khartoum (Sudan); Faisalabad (Pakistan) and Baghdad (Iraq).
For more details contact: Patricia Hatton, Aid to the Church in Need, 12 - 14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton, Surrey,
SM1 4DA Tel: 020 8642 8668 e-mail: Charity Reg. Number: 1097984